Curating for Change - Now open for recruitment
Curatorial Trainees - Starting from May 2022
Do you love going to museums and have always wanted to work in one, but are not sure what roles are available?
Have you got a passion for history and collections and would like to learn more about the role of a curator?
Do you define yourself as D/deaf, disabled or neurodivergent?
Apply for Accentuate’s 40-day Curating for Change Curatorial Trainee role and you’ll get:
- On-the-job experience in one of nine museums across England
- A salary of £2,772 for placements outside London, and £3,094 for placements in London, equal to the Real Living Wage.
- Access to an appropriate and comprehensive package to support access and participation
- Flexible working options
- Training and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to build connections with more than 20 museums across England taking part in the programme
- The chance to be part of a network of 8 Curatorial Trainees and 8 Curatorial Fellows
- The opportunity to make sure disabled people and their history are represented in museums.
The museums involved:
Job description and how to apply:
easy read job description and how to apply:
BSL job description and how to apply:
The Main Details:
Please let us know if you have any access requirements
Other roles with Curating for Change:
We are also recruiting eight Fellows at other museums. These longer, 18-month Fellowships are designed to provide experience and support to those with some museum experience to develop their careers. Recruitment for the first cohort of four Fellows has already closed, but we will be recruiting the second cohort in Spring 2022. These placements will be at the Black Country Living Museum (Dudley), National Railway Museum (York), the Museum of Liverpool, and the Ashmolean/Pitt Rivers Museums (joint placement, Oxford).
All Fellows and Trainees will have opportunities to connect with our whole network of 18 museums, maximising their connections to a range of museums across the sector.
If you would like to apply for one of these roles when recruitment opens, please contact Jane Sparkes at email@example.com to be added to our mailing list and receive updates.