Part-Time Curating for Change Project Manager
End of September 2023 or ASAP
5pm, Tuesday 29th August 2023
Wednesday 6th September & Friday 8th September 2023
This is a part-time job share role. You will be expected to work alongside the current Curating for Change Project Manager to oversee the successful delivery of project outputs for Curating for Change. The role undertakes the following areas of work:
- Regular visits to Partner Museum sites across the country, supporting museums and Fellows in person to ensure the smooth delivery of Fellowship placements.
- Deliver peer-to-peer networking visits between Fellows at their Partner Museums to share professional practice.
- Being pro-active in identifying opportunities for Fellows to build their professional practice and networks, helping to support them to progress long term career ambitions.
- Working on site with digital producers, Fellows and local disabled people to consider how digital technologies can be utilised to interpret museum collections in multi-sensory accessible ways.
- Support the Head of Accentuate (HoA) to maintain strategic partnerships and report on key deliverables. This includes funders and the Accentuate’s Museums Strategic Disability Network, looking at ways to impact policy and practice.
Interest in working with D/deaf, disabled, and neurodivergent staff to ensure they can thrive in-role
A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
Experience of supporting a member of staff or volunteer with career and professional development targets
Experience of working with or in museums
Ability to build strong working relationships across teams
Confident communication both online and in person, with excellent interpersonal skills
Passion and interest in how digital tech can be used within museums
Experience of working with a D/deaf, disabled, or neurodivergent staff or volunteer
Knowledge of curatorial and interpretation processes within museums
Experience of working on a short-term funded project with funders including Lottery Heritage Fund, Art Fund, or Arts Council England
Experience in working on digital projects within museums
Terms & Conditions:
- Salary: £33,000 per annum pro-rata
- Hours: This is a part-time role of 2.5 days (17.5 hours equivalent) per week
- Contract: This is a fixed-term contract until 12th April 2024. We are currently setting up a new 3-year project that would see this contract being extended subject to approval.
- Place of work: We are open to hybrid working. The post-holder will be expected to travel to our partner museums on a regular basis and attend events at the Screen South office in Folkestone.
- Start Date: End of September 2023 or ASAP
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are right for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply by submitting a short film of no more than five minutes.
If you require the job information in other formats or if you wish to discuss the application, please contact Screen South on 01303 259 777 or email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 29th August 2023
Start date: End of September 2023 or ASAP