Open Doors, Step-Up Professional Experts Call Out
Calling all freelance experts in Digital Media and business skills.
As part of the’ Open Doors: Step-up’ project Screen South are looking for professional experts to lead discovery sessions for local people in Folkestone to help them unlock their potential and give them an insight into employment using Digital Skills as a way of earning money around existing family commitments, possibly moving onto self-employment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in leading 2.5 hour sessions in any of the following areas, please send us your CV and covering letter telling us your chosen topic, your experience of working with mixed age groups, how would you make your discovery session interesting and your fee for a 3 hour session including preparation and VAT (IF APPLICABLE)
- Practicalities in setting up a business
- Promotion,social media and advertising.
- Running spreadsheets, costing jobs what to look for in a lease.
- Making an elevator pitch and sound recording
- Basic camera
- Advanced camera
- What does a writer do, how to apply skills to story development- including game making application.
- Careers in sound, hands on using sound equipment
- In depth sound, making vox pops, ambient sounds applications.
- Careers in prop design and crossover into interior and games design
- Using basic editing, using free programmes and setting up.
- More advanced editing, including blending sound.
- Leading a team working day for 6 where they make a film or audio piece.
- Mentoring whilst groups work with local groups to provide a community piece 1 min max trailer etc.
- How to set up a stand at an event , how to set up a showcase, how to produce a portfolio.
- Is there anything else you would like to pitch to us.