Fifth Continent on Film
Volunteers Required for Filming Events
Screen South are in search of volunteers to capture footage of a number of events taking place on the Marsh in Kent during June-August 2021. Screen South have filmmaking equipment available to be used for these sessions and volunteers’ travel costs can be covered.
The Marsh Mosaics
Screen South and Fifth Continent are creating 10 community mosaics to highlight the heritage and wildlife of Romney Marsh, for display in 10 of the medieval churches.
We would like to capture footage of people working on the mosaics within the churches, as well as some positive testimonials from workshop participants. Ideally, we would like to film at all the churches, so to help showcase the buildings and communities.
- St George’s Ivychurch, 9am-5pm, on 30th June, 1st July and 2nd
- St Peter & St Paul’s Newchurch, 9am-5pm, on 9th, 10th and 11th
- St Nicholas’ Church New Romney, 10am-7pm, on 21st, 22nd, 23rd
- St Nicholas’ Church New Romney, 21st August, unveiling event.
Other arts workshops will also feed into the 21st August event at St Nicholas’ Church in New Romney.There will be two “Vocal Painting” workshops during July/August (dates to be confirmed), using voice and improvised singing to explore wildlife and heritage themes – these free public workshops will be supported by professional singers.
The workshops will culminate in the creation of a short improvised piece of music which will be performed at the above event. There will also be a movement/dance workshop, and a craft workshop for children, again with outputs feeding into the above event.
- 11th July 10:00am-12:30pm – Craft workshop at Romney Marsh Visitor Centre – this is with small children.
- LATE JULY/EARLY AUG TBC “Vocal Painting” (singing) workshop at St Nicholas Church, New Romney (there will be another of these on the afternoon of 21st
- LATE JULY/EARLY AUG TBC Dance and movement workshop at St Nicholas Church, New Romney.