Screen South are seeking new
Board Members to join our team
Board Recruitment Opportunity
Screen South is seeking to appoint up to 4 new Board Members. New Members will be part of a team of 6 current Board Members who support the Managing Director and the Executive Team in shaping Screen South’s strategic direction.
We wish to strengthen and diversify our board by extending representation among board members from underrepresented groups. We wish to enhance our ability to represent the people we work with, ensuring that the Board brings insight and experience from a range of voices.
Screen South is committed to being a genuinely inclusive and accessible organization which is relevant to everyone. We have made considerable efforts to work towards this goal, but we know we need to do more particularly around the organisation’s governance and workforce.
Screen South delivers a range of creative and cultural engagement projects.
Founded in 2001, as a UKFC Screen Agency, Screen South has been an independent organisation for over 10 years. In December 2009 we launched Accentuate with an ambition to create a cultural shift in attitudes towards disability.
There are three key objectives to our work:
- National collaborative projects with creative industry companies that deliver new talent development, career and R& D research and development opportunities in film and Creative digital technology
- Collaborative national projects that challenge perceptions of disability and provide life changing opportunities for deaf and disabled people to participate and lead
- Community and young people’s projects in film and digital tech in key areas across the South-East, widening access for unheard voices
These strands feed into and out of each other – building pathways for participation, for access and for change. We have a building base at our Digital Hub in Folkestone, but our work covers a wide national geography.
Our mission is to value diverse lived experiences to drive innovation and change through creativity. We champion talent, support innovation and access to opportunity.
Board Member Responsibilities
The key responsibility for board members is to advise and support the delivery of Screen South’s vision, mission, and strategic goals. They are expected to:
- Act in the interest of Screen South.
- Seek, in good faith, to ensure that Screen South operates in a manner consistent with its objectives.
- Act with care and diligence that is reasonable to expect of a person who is managing the affairs of another person/body.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, staff members, and community to enhance Screen South’s mission.
Board members will attend quarterly board meetings and annual development days, be prepared when they come, having read all preparatory documents. Board members will be invited to all Screen South events.
Please note this is a voluntary role. Expenses for travel can be claimed.
Brief and Person Specification
Screen South is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves and succeed on merit. We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Screen South are open to all.
If you need this information in a different format, or would like help please get in touch by email or call: 01303 259777.