Screen South are seeking new
Board Members to join our team
Deadline: 30th January 2023
Board Recruitment Opportunity
Screen South is seeking to appoint up to 4 new Board Members. You will be part of an industry-led team of 6 current Board Members who support the MD and the Executive Team in shaping Screen South’s strategic direction.
We wish to strengthen and diversify our board by extending representation among board members from underrepresented groups. We wish to enhance our ability to represent the people we work with, ensuring that the Board brings insight and experience from a range of voices.
Screen South is committed to being a genuinely inclusive and accessible organisation that is relevant to everyone. We have made considerable efforts to work towards this goal, but we know we need to do more particularly around the organisation’s governance and workforce.
Board Member Responsibilities
The key responsibility for board members is to advise and support the delivery of Screen South’s vision, mission, and strategic goals. They are expected to:
- Act in the interest of Screen South.
- Seek, in good faith, to ensure that Screen South operates in a manner consistent with its objectives.
- Act with care and diligence that is reasonable to expect of a person who is managing the affairs of another person/body.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, staff members, and community to enhance Screen South’s mission.
Board members will attend quarterly board meetings and annual development days, be prepared when they come, having read all preparatory documents. Board members will be invited to all Screen South events.
Please note this is a voluntary role. Expenses for travel can be claimed.
Full Brief and Person Specification
Screen South is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves and succeed on merit. We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Screen South are open to all.
If you need this information in a different format, or would like help please get in touch by email or call: 01303 259777.
Screen South delivers a range of creative and cultural engagement projects.
Screen South is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, that delivers a range of creative and cultural engagement projects. Founded in 2001 as a UKFC Screen Agency, Screen South has been an independent organisation for over 10 years. In December 2009, we launched Accentuate as a major strand of our work with an ambition to create a cultural shift in attitudes towards disability. Screen South is based in Folkestone as a Digital Hub, but our work covers a wide national geography.
There are three key objectives to our work:
- Delivering industry-led national and regional programmes, including new talent development, career enhancement, and R&D support across skills, development, and production opportunities in film and creative digital technology.
- Leading collaborative national projects that challenge perceptions of disability and provide life-changing opportunities for deaf and disabled people to participate and lead.
- Supporting community and young people’s projects across digital and creative activities in the South-East, widening access for unheard voices.
These strands feed into and out of each other – building pathways for participation, for access, and for change.
Our mission is to value diverse lived experiences to drive innovation and change through creativity. We champion talent, support innovation and access to opportunity.